Thursday, July 28, 2011

Apparently taking photos on the Tarmac is frowned upon by the Russian!

Below is a poorly taken photo from the bus we took to the plane on the
runway. It's of the three "service" vehicles. The Rossiyana plane
would be to the left of the photo. I USED to have a photo of the whole
scene but I had to be deleted.

So I'm very openly taking photos of the whole scene trying to snag a
photo that gets the whole scene in one frame, and I got it. Just as I
finish snapping the photo as Russian police approaches me. In a voice
that sounds like a combo of Yakov Smirinov and the cosmonaut from the
movie Aremggedon he asks, "Why you take picture?" I snap back,
"Because I'm an American, we're free, and we won the Cold War!!!
That's why I took the photo, got a problem with that Ivan Drago?" It
was that or I politely and apologetically stated I don't know why and
I'll gladly delete. I'm writing this from Helsinki, so you guess which
response I gave.

I didn't really have the guts or Russian to explain I think it's funny
that you have l use two regular cars, one of which is a Lada from 1988
to service your planes.

He watched as I deleted the photo and and states, "No photo, get on
plane." and with that I dragged my but on the plane.

Back to Helsinki.

No comments: