Saturday, November 17, 2007

Memphis, TN

The rest of the week was pretty typical for me; lots of teaching, reading students work, and coaching basketball. I got out a couple times to watch a game, grab a bite to eat, or drink a beer. On Thursday I did all three at once! On Saturday afternoon I met up with Lindsey W. and one of her friends for lunch at the Renedzvous. I worked with Lindsey two summers ago when she was main intern at the School of Public Service in DC. The program, sponsored by Vanderbilt, is called VIEW(Vanderbilt Intern Experience in Washington).

Lindsey did a fabulous job and was sorely missed last year. Not only was she supremely organized but the she truly cared about the program and the students in particular. Last summer she was a intern at the White House where she worked on press releases and other PR type duties. She is senior at Vanderbilt where she is a classmate and sorority sister with a bunch of my old students at the “H”. It was good to catch up with her and meet her friend. The ribs weren’t too bad either.


After a lengthy nap the rest of the afternoon, I visited a few watering holes in the midtown area to make sure the economy was being properly stimulated. Tough job, but someone has to do it.

No comments: