Washington, DC
Saturday, July 14th
Mixed emotions. This is really the only way to describe the day. This morning kids started leaving as early as 6:45am and the last one left around 6:30pm. The difficult thing for the students is that the process takes so long. Every couple of hours someone else left. If everyone just left at once then it would have just been one tramatic experience not a series of then. In the end it was time for everyone to go home. Although I enjoyed every minute of the program I was looking forward to having time to myself without a schedule or students to supervise. I was sad to see the kids go. They were a special bunch.
Each time that I finish a program like this one I always wonder whether if it will be my last time. This was my third year with the program and I have learned a great deal. I have a great deal of time before I have to decide anything one way or another but I need to figure out if I will beack next year. The nice thing is that they definitely want me back. Why not, I love DC in the summer and learn something new each year. I get to see friends that I normally do not see and on a regular basis. On the other hand what else is out there? Is there another program that I can do? Maybe I just need to spend a summer doing nothing. Other teachers do that, why shouldn’t I? Maybe travel. We shall see.
Here are some programs that I am interested in doing. I also may try to take a class, the H offers summer endowment money for study. Maybe I can find something like a program or class, either way a shorter time out of town or the country. If anyone is aware something like that let me know.
Seeds of Peace
Fulbright-Hays Program
Glimpses of China
Saturday, July 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Another great post by Pete!
It looks like you are having another great summer!
Post a Comment